Monday, March 14, 2011

Free Press writers predict the NCAA tournament

Duke

The Blue Devils are not the dominant team we expected them to be. I even give Michigan an outside shot of upsetting them the first weekend. But if point guard Kyrie Irving works his way back into the rotation, I think Duke is the best team in the country.

East

Ohio State

The Buckeyes don't have a great penetrator, and their best player (Jared Sullinger) and point guard (Aaron Craft) are freshmen. But the likely Sweet 16 and Elite Eight opponents, Kentucky and North Carolina, also are very young.

Southeast

Kansas State

Let's get this out of the way: I'm sure I'm wrong. I hate this pick. I hate myself for making it. But I went through the seeds from the top until I found one I liked, and I stopped at No. 5. KSU has been playing very well the past month.

More

No comments: